- 1 (3 1/2- to 4-pound) chicken – cut up or bone-in chicken parts, as desired
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar (18 year-old or Red Apple)
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil (Hojiblanca)
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400: F.
- Place the chicken in a single layer in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish, on a baking rack if desired.
- Brush or spread each piece lightly with Dijon mustard.
- Sprinkle with the garlic powder, thyme, sage, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle generously with the vinegar, then drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Place in the oven and bake until chicken is brown and done, basting occasionally with pan juices, about 50 minutes.
- This is good hot or at room temperature.
- NOTE: The ingredients can be mixed in a small bowl and poured over the chicken. The chicken and sauce can also set to marinate for about 30 minutes at room temperature or for a longer time in the refrigerator. This is also great cooked on the grill.