- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (substitute with any flavor “fused” balsamic vinegar available at King’s Olive Oil Company)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large shallot, cut into chunks.
- Combine all ingredients except shallot in a blender and turn on machine; a creamy emulsion will form within 30 seconds.
- Taste and add vinegar a teaspoon or two at a time until balance tastes right to you.
- Add shallot, if using, and turn machine on and off a few times until shallot is minced within dressing. Taste, adjust seasoning and serve.
- This will keep, refrigerated, for a few days.