- Your favorite EVOO or use Cilantro and Onion EVOO or Basil EVOO
- Large, ripe summer tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Minced fresh parsley
- Minced fresh basil (or cilantro)
- 1 jar roasted red peppers (or homemade), chopped
- Dry bread crumbs
Choose a baking dish for the number of servings you desire. Preheat oven to 475. Pour a good film of olive oil in the bottom of your dish. Cut the tomatoes in 1/4” slices and put in a single layer in the baking dish. Salt and pepper lightly—sprinkle over all a pinch of parsley, a pinch of basil then a layer of sliced roasted red peppers. Repeat the process (tomatoes, condiments, peppers) and add one more layer Drizzle over all a little olive oil, cover lightly with bread crumbs and sprinkle with capers. Bake 20 minutes. Chill well before serving.