- 6 large baking apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple pie spice
- 2 tablespoons Cinnamon-Pear Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons Roasted Walnut Oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 of your favorite pie crusts
Preheat oven to 350o. (325o if using a glass pie plate.) Peel, core, and thinly slice apples. In a large bowl mix apples, 1 cup sugar, brown sugar, apple pie spice, and Cinnamon Pear Balsamic Vinegar Condimento. Place unbaked pie crust in bottom of 9″ pie plate. Pour mixture into pie shell. Cut slices of butter over apple mixture and cover with second pie crust. Make slits in top crust to allow steam to escape. Mix Roasted Walnut Oil with 2 tablespoons sugar and brush on top crust. Bake 50-55 minutes or until apples are tender.
This is delicious served warm with vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of Cinnamon Pear Balsamic reduction.