- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 1 c. chopped onion
- 1 (29 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 c. chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2-2 tsp. chili powder, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. Harissa Olive Oil
- 1 (16 oz.) can chili beans, drained Salt and pepper
Place Harissa Olive Oil in large saucepan with onion, garlic and green pepper, and cook for 3 minutes over medium heat.
Add ground meat and continue cooking until meat is brown and vegetables are cooked through. Drain excess fat and add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and chili powder & salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low.
Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the beans and heat through. *For added “heat” serve with your favorite cornbread recipe, substituting Chipotle Olive Oil for equal amount of vegetable oil.