- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons Black Truffle specialty oil. Also works great with our Chipotle and Garlic EVOOs.
- Salt (preferably Kosher salt)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (may be substituted with any of our flavor-infused EVOOs)
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 cups hot whole milk
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup grated Fontina
- 3/4 cup grated Gruyere
- 3/4 cup grated extra sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil. Add the salt and re-boil before adding the pasta. Cook the pasta according to the package directions; about 8-10 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the butter/EVOO over medium heat in a saucepan until hot. Whisk in the flour to create a roux for the white-sauce base. Cook the flour and butter/EVOO, over low heat, for 5 to 7 minutes, add the hot milk in a steady stream. Cook the white sauce for 10 minutes. Add the salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, Gruyere, Cheddar and Fontina cheeses and cook for 2 minutes over low heat.
- Drain the pasta and place into a baking casserole dish large enough to hold the pasta and all of the sauce. Add the cheese sauce by pouring over the top. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese over the top and bake for 15 minutes or until the top is well-browned and crusty. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
- Before serving drizzle with Black Truffle specialty oil, Chipotle, or Garlic EVOOs.