- 3 tablespoons of King’s Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup of King’s Dark Chocolate Balsamic
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 1/2 pounds chicken leg quarters, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- juice from 1/2 of an orange, plus 1-2 teaspoons of orange zest (for garnish)
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves (for garnish)
- Rinse chicken and dry with paper towel. Trim excess fat and skin. Cut each leg quarter with a sharp knife separating into thigh and drumbstick pieces.
- Prepare marinade by whisking the first seven ingredients together.
- Place all of the chicken pieces and the marinade into a zip locking bag. Seal securely and toss to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, tossing occasionally. Do not refrigerate beyond 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Transfer chicken and marinade into a greased or non-stick baking pan. Roast on middle rack for about an hour or until the chicken is cooked. Keep an eye on it and if the chicken skin begins to burn, cover with foil.
- When finished cooking, transfer to a serving platter and tent with foil. Place the baking pan on the stove top over medium heat and add the 1/2 cup of chicken stock and the juice from 1/2 an orange. Scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pan and reduce the sauce for about 5 minutes or until it thickens.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken pieces and garnish with chopped parsley leaves and orange zest. Serve immediately.