- 2 pounds russet potatoes, unpeeled and scrubbed
- 2 medium cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt plus 1/8 additional teaspoon
- 1/2 cup Garlic extra virgin olive oil plus 2 additional tablespoons (may be substituted with our Mushroom and Sage, or Basil EVOO)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Sicilian Lemon balsamic vinegar (may be substituted with our fig, black cherry or cinnamon/pear balsamic vinegar)
- Place potatoes in large saucepan with water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to boil over high heat; reduce heat to medium-low and cook at bare simmer until just tender (potatoes will offer very little resistance when poked with paring knife), 40 to 45 minutes.
- While potatoes are simmering, mince 1 garlic clove (or press through garlic press). Place minced garlic on cutting board and sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt. Using flat side of chef’s knife, drag garlic and salt back and forth across cutting board in small circular motions until garlic is ground into smooth paste. Transfer to medium bowl and set aside.
- Mince the other clove of garlic (or press through garlic press). Place in small saucepan with 1/4 cup Garlic olive oil and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until garlic foams and is soft, fragrant, and golden, 5 minutes. Transfer oil and garlic to bowl with raw garlic paste.
- Drain cooked potatoes; set food mill or ricer over now-empty saucepan. Using paring knife, peel skins from potatoes. Working in batches, cut peeled potatoes into large chunks and process through food mill or ricer into saucepan.
- Add remaining salt, pepper, lemon vinegar, and remaining 6 tablespoons uncooked garlic olive oil to bowl with garlic and cooked garlic olive oil and whisk to combine. Fold mixture into potatoes and serve.