- 1 Tablespoon Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 2 lbs ground turkey or 1 lb turkey and 1 lb beef
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 green, red, or orange bell pepper, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut in half, and sliced
- 3 large celery stalks
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, chopped
- 2-4 teaspoons Traditional Balsamic
- 2 – 4 teaspoons Neapolitan Herb Balsamic
- Water, added 2 tablespoons at a time, as needed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Add Tuscan Herb Olive Oil to a pot large enough to hold all ingredients. Brown meat. Drain off all but 2 Teaspoons of liquid. Remove meat and set aside.
Add onion, pepper, carrot, and celery and cook until translucent, 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds. Place the meat back in the pot. Add tomato paste, stir in oregano and fennel seed. Add 2 tablespoons Traditional and 2 tablespoons Neapolitan Herb Balsamic. Add more balsamic, if desired. If mixture is dry, add about 2 tablespoons of water at a time until it is slightly wet and sloppy.
Simmer about 30 minutes to an hour, adding more water as needed. Taste. Add more Balsamic or water if desired. Add salt and black pepper to taste. Serve on buns of your choice!