- 4 medium to large sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup Blood Orange Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Butter Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or Vermont Maple Balsamic
- 1 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- Freshly ground pepper if desired.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Roast sweet potatoes in oven until soft and done (about 45 minutes). A fork should puncture the potato easily. Peel off outer skin and place in a bowl. Mash the sweet potatoes with olive oil, salt, and maple syrup or vinegar. Place mashed sweet potatoes into an ovenproof dish and place back in oven for about 10 minutes (the oven should be off but still warm). Serve.