- 1 bone-in Prime Rib Beef Roast, 3 ribs, about 6 pounds
- ¼ cup King’s Tuscan Herb EVOO
- ¼ cup grated fresh or prepared horseradish
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- ¼ cup freshly ground black pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, smashed
- Leaves from 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Leaves from 4 fresh thyme sprigs
Allow the beef to stand at room temperature 30-45 minutes before cooking.
Lay the beef in a large roasting pan with the bone side down. (The ribs act as a natural roasting rack.) In a small bowl mash together the garlic, horseradish, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, and the Tuscan Herb Olive Oil to make a paste. Massage the paste generously over the entire roast. Put the pan in the oven and roast the beef until the internal temperature of the meat registers 125 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer (medium-rare), 1 ½ to 2 hours. Remove the beef to a carving board and let it rest for 20 minutes before carving.
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.